Pasta Aglio e Olio
This is a simple to make satisfying pasta dish from the movie Chef. Man is this a good one I was drooling when I saw it in the movie so i decided with my love for pasta why not bring it home and give it a try. As always enjoy!
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 lemons
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add the spaghetti, cooking until al dente, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan. Toss until spaghetti is thoroughly coated with the garlic oil.
- Remove pan from heat, add the parsley and Parmesan and toss well. Check for flavor and adjust the salt if necessary. Squeeze lemons on to taste. Garnish with more Parmesan.
- Serves 4.