Candy Corn and White Chocolate Chewy Cookies
These cookies were the biggest last year for the fall/halloween season. I brought in a tray to work and they were simply put devoured by my co-workers. Of course i had to bring them out for friends and family also after testing them on my work friends but if it went over well with them when I bake something I figure it must be good if the plate gets cleaned and I only have a serving dish to bring home!
As Always Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cream or half-and-half
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 1/2 cups candy corn (1o to 11 ounces)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
1. To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric hand mixer), cream together the first 5 ingredients (through vanilla) on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the next 5 ingredients (through optional salt), and mix on low speed until just incorporated, about 1 minute; don't overmix.
3. Add the candy corn, white chocolate chips, and mix until just incorporated.