Sweet & Spicy Asian Chicken Wings!
FOR THE WINGS:
- 20 whole Chicken Wings Pieces (wings And Drummets Separated If Applicable)
- ½ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoons Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil For Frying, More Or Less As Needed
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, Chopped (garnish)
- ½ cups Ranch Dressing (optional)
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tablespoon All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- ¼ cups Brown Sugar
- ¼ cups Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ cups Blackberry Jam
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, Grated
- 1 clove Garlic, Finely Minced
For the wings, in a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, cayenne pepper, sea salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine and set aside.
In a large pot or Dutch oven, pour the oil 3 inches up the side of the pan. Heat the oil to 375ºF by using a thermometer.
While your oil is heating up, prepare the wing sauce. In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, Sriracha, rice wine vinegar, blackberry jam, red pepper flakes, fresh ginger and garlic. Whisk until the brown sugar has dissolved. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat. Transfer the sauce to a large bowl and set aside.
Once oil has reached 375ºF, add the wings (in 2 batches) to the floured mixture. Toss to coat, then add them straight into the hot oil (carefully!). Fry the chicken wings (in 2 batches) for 6-7 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove the wings from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to get rid of any excess grease. Sprinkle them with a little bit of sea salt. Repeat this step for the second batch of wings.
Add the wings (in 2 batches) to the bowl with the sauce. Toss to coat. Pour onto a serving plate and garnish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.
Serve warm with ranch dressing and enjoy!